Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
We're all in this together

Monday, March 26, 2012

First Hummingbird of Spring

For me, Spring doesn't officially arrive until I see the first male hummingbird of the season, scoping out the territory to find a nesting spot for the soon to arrive females.

I failed to get a photo of him today, but will keep the camera ready to post one soon.

I didn't used to put out my hummingbird feeders until April and years ago might not see the first one until the second week of April, but in the past 2 years, I've discovered they need to be up at least by the last week of March if I want to get those early arrivals.
So, I post this for anyone else who is thinking about hanging a hummingbird feeder and who lives in the Southern U.S. They're HERE! Time to put out the feeders!

No comments:

Post a Comment